These days I spend most of my time developing websites; but as a career changer, I used to spend my days working as a professional makeup artist. This has provided me with a unique combination of development capabilities, graphic design know-how, art sensibilities, and interpersonal communication skills that set me apart. When was the last time you met a makeup artist turned developer?
Lead Front End DeveloperKym Abrams Design
June 2017 - Present
- Developed socialchange.adler.edu for Adler University's new online alumni community; created a custom WordPress theme utilizing PHP, CSS3, and jQuery.
- Built takeaction.cfw.org, Chicago Foundation for Women's 2017 digital annual report, by customizing a WordPress theme; client indicated increased donor engagement.
- Responsible for full development project management including working with clients to set schedules, presenting progress reports and addressing change requests -- all resulting in on-time, in-scope project deliveries and continued client engagement.
User Interface DeveloperThirdwave LLC
May 2014 - May 2017
- Lead developer on 50.povertylaw.org for Sargent Shriver National Center on Poverty Law's 50th anniversary. Drupal was utilized as the CMS and the client's CRM, CiviCRM, was integrated and styled. A blog, event pages, and social media feeds were also created within the successful site.
- Developed and designed the current thirdwavellc.com site, took advantage of current HTML5 standards and applied a SASS framework for workflow optimization. Analytics showed increase in unique site visitors and the length of time users spent on site.
- Lead developer for almosthomekids.org and a separate internal resource repository site for nurses. Both were created on WordPress using a unique custom theme based on original designs. External site brought elevated visibility to the nonprofit, while the internal helped day-to-day operations for staff by providing an easy to use online resource.
- Brought the static site, edecorp.com, up to date. Translated original site to mobile, removing Flash, and designing a fluidly responsive experience. EDE noted elevated user engagement on both mobile, tablet, and desktop devices.
- Re-designed the interface and site for The HistoryMakers video archives. Brought site up to current web standards and increased accessibility for all users; resulted in a better user experience and increased user engagement.
- Developed custom and templated HTML emails utilizing client designated email marketing software such as MailChimp, Constant Contact, Blackbaud, and MyEmma.
Freelance Web Developer & Graphic DesignerChicago
August 2012 - May 2014
- Worked with various clients to produce print, digital, and programmatic design solutions utilizing industry standard tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Sketch.
Professional Makeup ArtistChicago, Los Angeles, New York, Minneapolis, Orlando
August 2000 - October 2012
- Operated as an independent business owner, performed makeup services for print, film, television, private clients, taught makeup classes, art directed, and produced photo shoots.
- Four years with MAC Cosmetics, helped manage the business, sales goals, inventory, scheduling, and oversaw six employees.
- More information about my makeup career can be found at brandontrumfiomakeup.com.
Chicago Gay Men's ChorusMarketing Chair, 2014 - 2017
- Developed & designed gala.cgmc.org and cgmc.org.
- Responsible for art direction and general oversight of all marketing materials, social media campaigns, budgets, and CGMC brand execution.
- Managed a team of volunteers to execute marketing plan.
- Received Outstanding Service Award, 2017
Flashes of Hope
Volunteer, 2012 - 2017
Dining Out for Life
Broadway Youth Center (BYC)
B.A. - DePaul University
- User Interface Development & Graphic Design, Cumulative GPA - 4.0
Marinello Schools of Beauty
Los Angeles, CA
- Esthetician Licensure Program
- Journeyman Make-up Artistry Program
Get in Touch